Small business owners who are designers, teachers, indie dyers, fiber processors, or other businesses involved in the fiber arts can earn a substantial discount from retail prices. We are happy to extend a discount to such companies.
- You need to have a business which is involved in the fiber arts.
- You need a State Tax ID or other proof that you are a business and not just practicing a hobby.
- You need a website that we can visit that demonstrates that you are a fiber related business.
- You need either a physical location or a website address from which you sell products or services.
- You do not plan to resell our products but you need NKK tools to use within your own business
Note: Professional courtesy prices are halfway between retail and wholesale prices (sample: an item is priced at $100 retail and the wholesale price is $60, then the Prof Ctsy price is $80. We only offer Prof. Ctsy. prices on major equipment purchases (ball winders, swifts, electronic meters) typically.
You need to have a brick and mortar or an Internet business (or be a company that sells products at fiber shows) which sells fiber related products.
You must sell products other than just your own (otherwise apply for a Prof. Courtesy account instead).
A state Tax ID or other license that shows that you are a licensed business.
You want to actively resell NKK products and plan to buy products for inventory.
In addition, you may also plan to buy NKK equipment for your shop use.
For Wholesale customers, we have a minimum opening order requirement of $300.00 of which a minimum of $150 must be for items used for resale in your business (i.e not for ball winders, swifts, or electronic meters). The $300 minimum is based on whse pricies.
This can be satisfied in any of the following ways:
- Most popular method for new shops - Order a New Shop Special which includes a ball winder and a selection of our popular products. You save 10% from whse prices when you get this predetermined kit. Register in this site and you can see the list of items.
- Custom Gauges - Order 125 or more of our customized needle gauges.
- Ala carte order - Put your own order together totaling $300 or more at Whse prices * (you forfeit the 10% savings)
- New! Order a minimum of three Heavy Duty Ball Winders at the same time in one order at full wholesale pricing (no additional discount)
* Note - if you only want one ball winder or one ball winder and a swift, then you must also purchase at least $150 worth of other items for resale or you will only receive the Professional Courtesy prices.