Our Learn to Spin kit is one of the only ones to offer quality components and a 30 minute video which is on our YouTube channel. Nancy personally designed this kit for beginners many years ago and it has been a hit with users and yarn shop owners ever since. Each one of our kit components was selected based on its ease of use for a beginning spinner.
Please note that the video can only be accessed via a special YouTube address code that comes inside the kit.
Click on this link to watch a 2 minute teaser from the actual video
Our Learn to Spin Kit:
• Is made from birch hardwood components which have an oil finish applied
• Measures 11" in length (3/8" diameter) with a 2.75" diameter top whorl.
• The whorl has 2 notches (one on each side opposite of the hook)
• The hook is made from a custom designed stainless steel wire which will not bend or twist. Its special shape helps ensure that the spindle will spin properly.
• The total weight is approximately 45 grams which is within the ideal weight range for a beginning spinner (not too light or too heavy)
• The fiber is made by Ashland Bay Trading Company of the USA. It is their single color Colonial fiber (was previously a multi-color until Ashland Bay discontinued it) which is an ideal fiber for beginners.
• The 32 minute YouTube video will stream to any of your devices. It was produced by Nancy's Knit Knacks especially for this kit. It features Nancy Shroyer as the instructor who leads the student through a complete training session on how to spin using a drop spindle.
Note: this was originally in the form of a DVD but as users have added more intelligent devices and computers, we have moved to the streaming solution which is a lot less problem prone and can be watched everywhere. We also dropped the Kit price by $5.00.
The video can be purchased separately for $9.99 as well.
Note in the Pictures above: We no longer pack the kit in a plastic container nor is the fiber multi-colored. We have replaced the DVD with a streaming video as well. These actions have served to reduce cost, be Earth friendlier, and be easier to use.
This is a great kit! It was designed to help yarn shop owners sell a spinning related product to knitters. Because the video is so good, knitters can quickly pick up the concepts of spinning on a drop spindle. Nancy is a nationally recognized fiber arts instructor. She will easily teach you how to spin with this kit.
Purchase a Learn to Spin Kit, a Drop Spindle, or a Video below: