Click on this link to watch a 2 minute teaser from the actual video
• Is made from birch hardwood components which have an oil finish applied
• Measures 11" in length (3/8" diameter) with a 2.75" diameter top whorl.
• The whorl has 2 notches (one on each side opposite of the hook)
• The hook is made from a custom designed stainless steel wire which will not bend or twist. Its special shape helps ensure that the spindle will spin properly.
• The total weight is approximately 45 grams which is within the ideal weight range for a beginning spinner (not too light or too heavy)
• The fiber is made by Ashland Bay Trading Company of the USA. It is their single color Colonial fiber (was previously a multi-color until Ashland Bay discontinued it) which is an ideal fiber for beginners.
• The 32 minute YouTube video will stream to any of your devices. It was produced by Nancy's Knit Knacks especially for this kit. It features Nancy Shroyer as the instructor who leads the student through a complete training session on how to spin using a drop spindle.
Note: this was originally in the form of a DVD but as users have added more intelligent devices and computers, we have moved to the streaming solution which is a lot less problem prone and can be watched everywhere. We also dropped the Kit price by $5.00.
The video can be purchased separately for $9.99 as well.